The Postgraduate Diploma Programme coordinators and lectures have selected over 200 textbooks for the participating students. Reference will be made to them during the courses.
These books are kept on reserve near the information desk, often in several copies, for use inside the Library. Night loan is also possible.
Postgraduate Diploma Programme reference textbooks
Reference Textbooks in eBook Format
The following reference textbooks are also available in eBook format from the Library catalogue.
- Ablowitz, M. J. - Complex variables: introduction and applications
- Anderson, D. L. - New theory of the Earth
- Batchelor, G. K. - An introduction to fluid dynamics
- Berestetskii, E. M. - Relativistic quantum theory, part 1
- Blakely, R. J. - Potential theory in gravity & magnetic applications [e-only]
- Brutsaert, W. - Hydrology: An introduction
- Karato, S. - Deformation of earth materials: an introduction to the rheology of solid earth
- Kennett, B. L. N. - Geophysical continua: deformation in the earth's interior
- Landau, L. D. - The classical theory of fields
- Landau, L. D. - Electrodynamics of continuous media
- Landau, L. D. - Fluid mechanics
- Landau, L. D. - Mechanics
- Landau, L. D. - Quantum mechanics, non-relativistic theory
- Landau, L. D. - Statistical physics
- Landau, L. D. - Theory of elasticity
- Lowrie, W. - Fundamentals of geophysics
- Main, I. G. - Vibrations and waves in physics
- Martin, R. M. - Electronic structure : basic theory and practical methods
- Newman, I. - Continuum mechanics in the earth sciences
- Pope, S. B. - Turbulent flows
- Scholz, C. H. - The mechanics of earthquakes and faulting
Suggested Catalogue Subject Searches
If you want to read more, try these suggested links and start your navigation in the Library catalogue.
High Energy Physics
Condensed Matter Physics
Earth System Physics