Postgraduate Diploma Textbooks
The Postgraduate Diploma Programme coordinators and lecturers have selected a course bibliography of over 200 textbooks.
These reference textbooks are kept on reserve for Diploma students near the information desk, often in multiple copies, for use inside the Library. Night loan is also possible.
Reference Textbooks in eBook Format
The following reference textbooks are also available in eBook format from the Library catalogue.
- Ablowitz, M. J. - Complex variables: introduction and applications
- Anderson, D. L. - New theory of the Earth
- Batchelor, G. K. - An introduction to fluid dynamics
- Blakely, R. J. - Potential theory in gravity & magnetic applications
- Brutsaert, W. - Hydrology: An introduction
- Karato, S. - Deformation of earth materials: an introduction to the rheology of solid earth
- Kennett, B. L. N. - Geophysical continua: deformation in the earth's interior
- Lowrie, W. - Fundamentals of geophysics
- Main, I. G. - Vibrations and waves in physics
- Martin, R. M. - Electronic structure : basic theory and practical methods
- Newman, I. - Continuum mechanics in the earth sciences
- Pope, S. B. - Turbulent flows
- Scholz, C. H. - The mechanics of earthquakes and faulting
- Yuan H. et. al. - Lithospheric discontinuities
Degree Programme Textbooks
The Masters' coordinators and lectures have selected a small collection of textbooks for the participating students. These books are kept on reserve near the information desk for use inside the Library. Night loan is possible.
Master in Medical Physics
- Dance, D.R. et al. - Diagnostic Radiology Physics: a Handbook for Teachers and Students
- Bushberg, J.T. - The Essential Physics of Medical Imaging
- Beutel, J. et al. - Handbook of Medical Imaging. Volume 1, Physics and Psychophysics
- Sonka, M. et al. - Handbook of Medical Imaging. Volume 2, Medical Image Processing and Analysis
- Kim, Y. et al. - Handbook of Medical Imaging. Volume 3, Display and PACS
- Hasegawa, B.H. - The Physics of Medical X-ray Imaging, or the Photon and Me: How I Saw the Light
- Kak, A.C. et al. - Principles of Computerized Tomographic Imaging
- Hall, E.J. et al. - Radiobiology for the Radiologist
- Flower, M.A. - Webb’s Physics of Medical Imaging
- More key resources for Medical Physics, selected by the Master's coordinators and lectures. (Note: The listed print editions are available for loan in the library.) [pdf 0.5 MB]
Masters Degree in Physics
- Sakurai, J.J. - Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Greiner, W. et al. - Field Quantization
- Tennekes, H. et al. - A First Course in Turbulence
- Guidry, M. - Gauge Field Theories
- Drazin, P.G. et al. - Hydrodynamic Stability
- Bransden, B.H. et al. - Physics of Atoms and Molecules 1st ed.
- Bransden, B.H. et al. - Physics of Atoms and Molecules 2nd ed.
- Priestley, M.B. - Spectral Analysis and Time Series
- Monin, A.S. et al. - Statistical Fluid Mechanics
- Frisch, U. - Turbulence: The Legacy of A.N. Kolmogo
- Pope, S.B. - Turbulent Flows