ICTP will host a video production by students from the Trieste secondary school "G. Corsi" with the participation of ICTP scientists: Atish Dabholkar, Najmeh Foroozani, Obinna Kennedy Idu, Muhammad Nawaz Qaisrani, Fernando Villegas and Don Zagier.
The video production is inspired by the life of Srinivasa Ramanujan (1887 – 1920) and reinterprets a few aspects of the life of the Indian mathematician and autodidact who lived under the British Raj. The students have interviewed the scientists with fundamental questions regarding inspiration, creativity and where does an idea come from. Essential questions for young minds.
"Ramanujan" will be screened on 9 March 2017 in the Budinich Lecture Hall at 11:00 and at 17:30.
You are all most welcome to attend any of the two screenings.
In the Library
ICTP in collaboration with the International Mathematical Union award a prize for young mathematicians from developing countries named after Ramanujan. The Ramanujan bust is hosted in the Marie Curie Library along with a plaque commemorating winners of said prize.
Ramanujan in the Marie Curie Library:
- My Search for Ramanujan - How I Learned To Count
by Ken Ono & Amir D. Aczel
- Ramanujan 125 - International Conference to Commemorate the 125th Anniversary Of Ramanujan's Birth, November 5-7, 2012, University of Florida
edited by Krishnaswami Alladi, Frank Garvan, Ae Ja Yee
- An Invitation to q-Series - from Jacobi's triple product identity to Ramanujan's "most beautiful identity"
by Hei-Chi Chan
- Ramanujan - The Man And The Mathematician
by S. R. Ranganathan
- Ramanujan's Place in the World of Mathematics - essays providing a comparative study
by Krishnaswami Alladi
- The Mathematical Legacy of Srinivasa Ramanujan
M. Ram Murty, V. Kumar Murty
- The Indian Clerk - a novel
- Ramanujan rediscovered - proceedings of a conference on elliptic functions, partitions, and q-Series in memory of K. Venkatachaliengar
edited by Nayandeep Deka et al.
- Number theory in the spirit of Ramanujan
Bruce C. Berndt
- Ramanujan's Forty Identities for the Rogers-Ramanujan Functions
Bruce C. Berndt et al.
- The man who knew infinity : a life of the genius Ramanujan
by Robert Kanigel
- Elementary number theory, group theory, and Ramanujan graphs
by Giuliana Davidoff, Peter Sarnak, Alain Valette
- Ramanujan - Essays and Surveys
edited by Bruce C. Berndt, Robert A. Rankin
- Development of Elliptic Functions According to Ramanujan
- Ramanujan: Twelve Lectures on Subjects Suggested by his Life and Work
- The lost notebook and other unpublished papers
by Srinivasa Ramanujan, introduction by George E. Andrews
- Ramanujan's Notebooks
by Bruce C. Berndt
- Ramanujan - Letters and Commentary
by Bruce C. Berndt and Robert A. Rankin
- Srinivasa Ramanujan: Collected Papers
- Chapter 9 of Ramanujan's Second Notebook - Infinite Series Identities, Transformations, And Evaluations
by Bruce C. Berndt and Padmini T. Joshi
- The Continued Fractions Found in the Unorganized Portions of Ramanujan's Notebooks
by G.E. Andrews et al.
- Chapter 16 of Ramanujan's Second Notebook - Theta Functions and q-Series
by C. Adiga et al.
- Analytic and Combinatorial Generalizations of the Rogers-Ramanujan Identities
by David M. Bressoud
- On the General Rogers-Ramanujan Theorem
by George E. Andrews
- Srinivasa Ramanujan: Notebooks
- Number theory, Madras 1987 - Proceedings of the International Ramanujan Centenary Conference, held at Anna University, Madras, India, Dec. 21, 1987
edited by K. Alladi
- The Man Who Knew Infinity [videorecording]
written and directed by Matthew Brown
List of things named after Srinivasa Ramanujan